For the love of my life
So we could rave on, darling, you and I,
until the stars tick out a lullaby
about each cosmic pro and con;
nothing changes, for all the blazing of
our drastic jargon, but clock hands that move
implacably from twelve to one.
until the stars tick out a lullaby
about each cosmic pro and con;
nothing changes, for all the blazing of
our drastic jargon, but clock hands that move
implacably from twelve to one.
Breathe with me, my love,
For the night is falling down on us,
But do not fear the world once it gets dark;
Do not fear the silence of the night.
Do not fear the sound of the rolling tires on the humid pavement
After it has rained on us for days;
Instead, watch these flowers bloom despite the thorns,
Don’t think if you either wake or dream;
This is our truth right now, in spite of the stones.
Don’t think of the way the wind howls
As it blows between the leaves
Although it might not seem it’s undeserved;
Let the world keep on moving
As long as you and I get to stay
Together still for as long as it still matters:
Breathe with me, my love,
Come on over and drink
From this parting glass with me;
Come on over and know that
When I say I'm on my way
When I say I'm on my way
You’re the final destination
Of every single step I take.
Of every single step I take.
Think of how you might one day hold me close and hold me fast;
Come out of hiding, I’m right beside you
With you wanting me;
Do you like kissing girls?
They say that love is forever,
And your forever is all that I need;
Here, in between this crowd of thousands
Looking in your eyes is quite the view.
Think of how one day this all will be
A tiny bit more real than it already is;
The night, the silence, the rain,
These flowers and our dreams;
The wind, the leaves, the world:
All of these reserved for you and me to take
And contemplate from this corner of the Earth
Where your heart and mine take up space
On this loving, blessed shelf.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario