lunes, 30 de diciembre de 2019

For a certain Prior Walter

For Em

Whenever someone asked me
If I knew any great people
I used to have no other choice but to say
That I didn't know what made people great.

I also didn't understand how some people met and clicked
And their conversations never ran dry

I didn't know any stories about good luck
Or fate taking part in the event
Of two people running into each other
Under unexpected circumstances

I didn't know about coal mines
And the destruction they bring;
I didn't know about Morgantown
And I didn't know I could enjoy
The songs of a sewing machine;
I didn't know about accordion keys,
And I had never been a full hour behind

I didn't know about those things back then
But I'm glad to say I know them now

Here's to the greatest Angel I know, living
A life with commas, semicolons and line
Breaks with no full stop

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario