I would like to buy a home—
No, I've never had a home before.
Yes, sir, a home;
A fantasy home
Where all three sides of the triad
Treat it well as their own.
Did I say I didn't have a home?
Well, you must've misunderstood,
But this is something
I don't want to think about just now.
What kind of home would I like?
What would you suggest?
Too many options, sir!!
But luckily, I've got the time.
Do you usually embrace
The sudden feeling of dread?
Or do you let it boil
And hope that, by morning,
It'll be dead and gone?
Aren't 20 years of time
A couple of years too long?
Did I say I didn't have a home?
Well, perhaps I misspoke.
But this is something
I don't want to talk about right now.
I am looking for a home
Where rain doesn't pour in through the ceiling,
Where smiles and tears aren't
My only way of payment for the landlady.
A home, no matter where.
Make it Cheshire,
Make it Utopia,
Make it Neverland.
Make it Tibet
Or Antarctica.
Make it a cave
A bungalow
A cabin in the woods
A tent
An apartment
A penthouse
A manor
A château
Make it tall
Or make it short
Big, small, medium-sized
For one, or two, or three;
Make it what you please,
But make it warm
And make it nice.
Yes, indeed it is, sir—
How much?
That much?
I see. Very well.
You can take my current pain,
Take my blood, my eyes, my teeth;
Take this and this, and that
And don't forget that too.
How much more?
An ear, a nail,
My clothes and shoes.
Take them, take it all.
Did I say I didn't have a home?
Right, you heard me.
So, please,
Just pick up whatever's left of me
And take it there.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario