And Ixbalanqué ruled our nights
right after him,
The people from the village thought
they knew you, Xtabay;
They thought they knew you, and your
neighbor Utz-Colel.
Xkeban was your name amongst them,
“Bad Woman,” and much more,
For passion was reserved for others;
For others, but not for you.
But I know you, Xtabay!
Oh, I know you all right.
The silk-cotton tree keeps singing
your song,
I can hear it as clear as the sound
of your hair
Rustling against your bare and
perfumed shoulders;
Just like that bright morning where
I went down the wrong path
Until you found me.
I did not find you, Xtabay,
For I had no intention of disturbing
your peace;
But your fragrance floods the air,
It gives the water redolence.
Your petals cry, Xtabay.
Flowers cascading down your open
coffin,
Though the villagers never liked
you.
Love is not a sin, Xtabay.
It took them a while to understand.
Modesty is not only silence and
constriction,
Kindness is more than respecting
yourself,
(Whatever that means);
Passion is not an illness,
Yet your heart could not contain it.
You are beautiful, Xtabay.
I know it because I saw you.
I saw you blooming next to the pathway;
Helping the exhausted traveler
wandering around the forest.
That traveler was me, Xtabay,
And how grateful I am.
I was weak;
No water, and no food,
And the road extended still long
before my eyes.
Your pistil put my thirst at ease,
Your leaves calmed my hunger.
How sweet you were,
How intoxicating you are.
I loved you, Xtabay.
I promised I would love you
Like no one ever did.
But that is the curse of your love,
Xtabay;
You are for all,
And not for me.
I wanted to take you home.
I really did.
I still love you, Xtabay,
And I believe I always will.
There is nothing left for me.
Nothing else but thorns and
Beautiful, stunning flowers
That hurt my eyes,
And disturb the air.
I can hear them breathing through
the thorns.
I tried to find your scent, but you
were long gone.
Utz-Colel died and the Tzacam grew
from her grave;
It repulses me, Xtabay.
I found her, by the thorns.
She is deeply jealous of you — who
wouldn’t be?
She tries to love, but fails.
Love to her is a sin;
Passion with no kindness
Grows next to the thorns
And it pierces my fingers.
My blood runs out of the open wound,
Xtabay, where are you?
The silk-cotton tree cries for you,
and for me, Xtabay,
“Come back!”
I do not love her, nor does she love
me.
And yet, she’s walking down the
pathway
Crushing my heart between her
fingers.
Can you follow the trail of blood,
Xtabay?
If a woman is going to take my heart
I want you to be the one who keeps
it.
Such a cruel imitation, Xtabay!
Off she goes, Xtabay.
Utz-Colel took my heart,
But a faint hope occupies its place.
My heart cries crimson tears for
you;
They decorate the pathway.
There you were, by the road.
I wish you were crying for me.
My blood tears fell on your face,
Xtabay.
And I am sorry.
In yaakumech, Xtabay;
Sa'as si'ipil.
Sa'as si'ipil.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario